Sunday, October 17, 2010

Mid Term Letter

Dear Mrs. Cline


This class has been a huge challenge, but in a good way. I have learned many things from this class so far, and can’t wait to learn more. The writings have been somewhat of a challenge, not because the work is hard, but because I have a hard time finding the time to sit down by myself and just simply write. Learning to find the time to write while taking care of my daughter has been hard, I mostly have to wait until she is asleep and do all my work at night. I would say my biggest success in the class would be finishing my readings and working extremely hard on my papers. When I finish with a paper, I feel the joy of accomplishment that I have succeeded in finishing what I had started.

The readings in this class have been very interesting, and full of many great stories. After reading the war stories, and the stories from the beginning of class, they are very deep and interesting. Most of the stories are so realistic that you feel that you are right there. Since the readings have been so enjoyable, it has made the work that goes along with it extremely enjoyable to do and not looked at so much as “work”. One of the main challenges I have had in class is learning how to do literary writing. I have done some literary writing before, but never had that much experience with it. This writing really causes you to think and tear apart the writing to get the logistics behind the story.
I have many goals for the second session of this English class. Continuing to work hard on all assignments in class is my main goal, along with continuing to get good, if not better grades. I also would like to make improvements in my writing as much as possible. I am a terrible procrastinator and really have been working on doing better at spending more time on my work. These are some of my goals for our English class, and I hope to continue to succeed.



Sincerely,

Kara Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment